Since deciding to go to Canada for a Working Holiday, I have always known in the back of my mind that there is a chance I may not get in. I therefore needed to have a back up plan. As time goes on and the applications are not open, I am trying to get more enthusiasm to go elsewhere in case I need to revert to Plan B. Part of enthusiasm building is researching things I might like to do. I thought I would share my findings. There is nowhere near as much as my Canada list, but it is a good start (Canada list coming soon, but it is a work in progress).
- Ziplining – Rotoura Forest
- Hot pools/ Spas
- Climb a volcano
- Try out the boiling mud pools
- Waiohine Gorge suspension bridge
- Whale watching
- Swim with seals and visit seal colony
- Swim with dolphins
- Visit the Glow Worm Caves
- Visit the Franz Josef Glacier for a Glacial terrain walk
- Visit Barrytown and do some knife making
- Go to a Maori concert
What did I miss? I am sure there are lots of wonderful experiences unique to New Zealand, but this is what I have found so far. Any suggestions are welcomed and I am sure others (and me of course!) may like to read them in the comments….